Each student applicant submitted an essay on the importance of volunteerism and how their involvement has impacted the community. The scholarships are funded through American 1’s Skip-a-Pay program, where credit union members can choose to skip one month’s loan payment for $25. A portion of the $25 fees are then used to fund the scholarship program.
The 2020 American 1 Community Involvement Scholarship winners are:
- Savannah F. – Chelsea High School
- Teagan H. – Michigan Center High School
- Elena H. – Bloomfield Hills High School
- Ava M. – Chelsea High School
- Jason Z. – Salem High School
- Emily C. – Chelsea High School
- Reagan F. – Hanover Horton High School
- Courtney F. – Addison High School
- Charvik V. – Canton High School
- Chloe C. – Salem High School
- Lee B. – Manchester High School
- Tayler T. – Bellevue High School
Established in 1950, American 1 Credit Union today serves over 58,000 members with branches in Jackson, Washtenaw, Hillsdale, Calhoun, Lenawee, and Wayne counties. American 1 is proud to serve the members of their communities by creating financial wellness through personal everyday banking.