By Jackson Magazine
Jackson Publishing Company is looking to hire it’s next operations manager. Think this position may be of interest? Read below to see what it entails.
The Jackson Publishing Company operations manager is responsible for the oversight, coordination, and assistance for all sales and operations in the creation of Jackson Magazine, Senior Preferences, and other special publications. The position works closely with sales staff, editors, publishers, and vendors to achieve these duties. He/she is responsible for ensuring that sales goals are met, publications are produced at a high quality, on time, and that our four yearly events are organized and successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee sales staff to ensure sales goals are met for each publication
- Keep accurate sales records and databases
- Work with accounting department to deliver proper invoicing
- Coordinate sales mailings
- Attend trade shows and networking events
- Assist in developing yearly editorial calendars
- Proof publications before going to print
- Work with vendors to purchase necessary goods
- Organize and manage four corporate events per year
- Build community relationships on behalf of the company
- Work with publisher for opportunities to advance company
There are a few skills that are a must have for this position. Without them, we can’t imagine success in this role:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to manage and keep deadlines
- Detail oriented nature
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and lead a group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of profitability and sales projections
- Outgoing and personable nature
There are also some skills that are an advantage if you start with, but we can train for. They are:
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Salesforce
- Proven experience managing a team
- Sales experience
- Knowledge of the Jackson business community
- Experience in the senior services market (housing, health care, services, etc.)
- History of working with vendors and purchasing
- An interest in continual learning to advance your skills and knowledge
Who is Jackson Publishing Company?
Founded in 1992, Jackson Publishing Company is a custom publisher of magazines including the Jackson Magazine and Senior Preferences. We also publish special publications on a less frequent basis including the Giving Guide and Working in Jackson. We are active and involved in our community – both the Jackson community and the industries that we serve.